Long live Samedis DAR!
Read the article in this summer’s edition of Le Tour where we announce the activities planned at the DAR Park on the afternoons of Saturday July 3, 10, 17, and 21, from 1 to 4:00 pm.
The DAR Saturdays are intended to help you discover the disciplines that the Studios DAR Sutton endorse, namely visual, literary, and circus arts.
- Open House
- Unveiling of a monumental sculpture by renowned artist André Fournelle
- Live painting by Baie-Saint-Paul artist Frédérick Ouellet
- Circus workshops by Nathalie Nicolas (Cirkazou) offered free of charge to children, upon registration
This event will take place rain or shine, and will be held respecting the sanitary rules in effect.
- Circus performance:
"Sanctuary, a nomadic place of refuge, rest in a chaotic world, a hybrid between circus, dance, and visual arts. The Sanctuary project is formed around the desire to offer a space for breathing and inspiration for all, through hypnotic landscapes and performances."
- Slam performances (spoken word) with Vanessa Bell, Queen Ka (Elkahna Talbi), Le Grand Slack (David Leduc), LEM, and Amélie Prévost.
- Virus d’improvisation pictural (V.I.P.; Pictorial Improvisation Virus (P.I.V.): as in a LNI (Ligue nationale d'improvisation) match, two teams will compete to create new works of art, live and under the rhythm of live musicians.
All activities will take place at the DAR Park, 57, Principale Street North, in Sutton.
For more details, visit the Facebook page or dartsanddereves.org
Caroline Guimont, in Le Tour
Liliane Lessard for this abridged version