Sutton DAR Studios
End of major work
It's official, by the time you receive this newsletter, the major renovation of the old barn, which has become an artists' residence, is almost complete. I say almost, because there is still a lot of work to be done to fix up everything. We have to find new furniture; acquire and install equipment for the public and the artists; do major work on the land which has suffered quite a bit... In short, it's not quite finished.
If you have energy to spare, we could use heads and hands to make it all happen. The residence and the park are a community project: without a community that gets involved, it will never be at its best.
The reopening in the presence of our partners will take place on July 3, 2021. You are invited to come join us at 2 p.m. on the site at 57, rue Principale Nord. The afternoon will be quite festive and we do hope that the sun will be shining because you will be able to:
- Celebrate with us the completion of the major work and the resumption of our activities during the open house which will allow you to visit the premises while respecting the sanitary and distancing rules.
- Attend the unveiling of a monumental sculpture, L'Interdit Damoclèse, generously donated by sculptor André Fournelle. Mr. Fournelle will be on site and you will have the opportunity to meet him. Don't miss this opportunity!
- Watch a live performance by Baie Saint-Paul painter Frédérick Ouellet, inspired by the work of André Fournelle, from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m.
- Admire another new work in the park: VROOM by Donald Davidson.
- Bring your children: four circus workshops will be offered, giving them the opportunity to learn about juggling and the hoop.
- Discover our neighbors, THE VILLAGE FAMILY-BUVETTE, who will be offering refreshments and snacks on site.
It will be a party, even if, unfortunately, we are still looking for donations and other support to complete the financing of the project. But rest assured that we will not shy away from our pleasure for we have in truth succeeded in getting to this stage.
The fundraising campaign is underway
We are in the middle of a fundraising campaign. Thank you to all of you who have already answered our call and sent a donation. To everyone else, I say a big thank you in advance. There are no small donations. To each according to his or her means.
Culture needs us all to live. Your support is absolutely necessary.